Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Streaming #1

Alright, well I just wrapped up my first live streaming session. It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but maybe it will be better in the future.

For those that missed it, sorry, but I don't have it recorded. I just learned that I can have Twitch.TV archive the broadcast for 14 days (since I'm not a paid user - paid users get 60 days archive storage)

Anyway, a quick rundown on what I covered:

  • creating initial Gradle libgdx project using the gdx-setup.jar
  • importing build.gradle into Android Studio IDE
  • adding the classes to the project which I will flesh out as I go
  • starting the initial Game class code
  • creating the initial Splash Screen class code
  • testing the project on my android device (HTC Desire HD)
  • debugging NullPointerException from my attempt to load the wrong texture atlas format, then using the wrong data type to store my region data.
  • and finally wrapping up after successfully getting the result that I wanted on my device.

My system is pretty beefy; 8GB of DDR3 ram, 8 cores of 3.2Ghz AMD goodness, and 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. But I swear between the broadcasting process and android studio, I thought my system was going to die of a heart attack!

I will be streaming more in the future, however I will likely stream in shorter segments to allow my computer to cool down between broadcasts.

Thank you to anyone who watched my first ever broadcast development!

No comments:

Post a Comment