Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mmm Organization.

As an indie developer it is often useful to have a place to store your ideas, notes, task lists, etc... and a nice easy way to keep track of what you are working on, what you should be working on, and what you have already done. This my friends is called organization.

I personally have a desire to be more organized in all things that I do. I admit that I have sadly failed most of the time at keeping my personal development organized. This is hopefully going to change. I have decided to start using a kanban board to help manage things. I've found a great FREE web-based kanban board at kanbanflow.com and after less than 2 minutes I was able to start putting it to use as if I had been using the app my whole life.

First thing I did was edit the columns. The defaults are nice, but they don't serve my needs.

I have the following columns now.

  • Backburner
  • Ideas
  • Tasks
  • In-Progress
  • Done
This gives me a place to store my ideas when I think of them, stick things that I know I won't work on for a long time on the back burner (and tasks that I decide are not important anymore), tasks that I need to do, tasks that I am working on, and tasks that I have done. All in one easy to access and manipulate location.

There is a premium service available as well. I'm considering it if this proves to be a productivity booster for me. Just thought I would share this with you before I head off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment