Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pixel Pushing Power Perfection

Try saying that title line 10 times over, lol!

I've gotten to grips with PyxelEdit and have been using it for a new freelance commission for @PixelsoftGames upcoming project Chronos. The workflow is really nice and blows away my old process of working in 3 applications at once to get things done. I'll still need to do some copy/paste magic between PyxelEdit and GIMP for some things, but for the most part, this new tool really fills in gaps in my productivity for pixel based artwork.
A work in progress commission
The tools in PyxelEdit are really tailored to the needs of a pixel artist, and that lets you focus on the creation and not on getting the software to do what you want it to do. What would normally take me a few hours before, now only takes under an hour. Thank you, Daniel Kvarfordt for creating PyxelEdit!


No comments:

Post a Comment