Friday, March 27, 2015

AxonoxA

In order to further my learning of Modern OpenGL development, I have decided to create a side-project of a yet to be determined size, called AxonoxA for the time being.
If anyone holds the rights to this name, my apologies. I am not looking to commercialize this project, and the name is simply "Axono" from axonometric, which is something I was reading about when the inspiration hit me. Then, because of my love for symmetry, I turned the name into a palindrome by adding on xA to the end.


With this project I am giving myself a technical and creative outlet for breaking up the stressful studio project developments, and my more stressful freelancing career. I think that overall this will in turn make me more productive, and a happier person overall, and learning something new doesn't hurt either.

AxonoxA is developed with C++ using OpenGL 4, SDL2 and GLEW libraries.
I am using stb_image for loading my textures, and I am currently looking into using Assimp for loading 3d models, with custom binary model compilation to come later for optimization.

My first milestone has been reached with achieving a simple diffuse lighting textured single-mesh rendering. I have learned quite a lot in the 14 hours that I have spent on this venture so far. My next milestone will be to bring multiple models into AxonoxA and "walk" through a scene using common FPS controls (kb+mouse combo).

No comments:

Post a Comment