Monday, February 27, 2017

Get Binary Assist Today!

I just published my first paid app on the android marketplace!

Please check it out!



https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bangbangattackstudios.apps.binary_assist

This app was created from concept to release in under 36 hours with 30 of those going just to the publishing process itself.

I used create-react-app to scaffold the initial project, and then proceeded to delete the pre-made .js and .css files and added the files for my app. I built the functionality of the React components first, and then I styled them using flexbox CSS. Thanks to autoprefixer, the css styling works on android!

That brings me to how I got my app on android.

I used cordova and created a new project based on their helloworld app, and then I tediously went through and edited all the configs and files that I needed to update, as well as dump my webpack-optimized build files from react-create-app into the cordova project.

Using cordova-icon and cordova-splash I was able to take my rushed GIMP icon and splash imagery and generate all the necessary files.

I had to build the pesky google marketplace feature and promo images myself in GIMP though.

Once I had things in cordova, I tested on my android device and then proceeded to build release apk and going through the whole tedious and overly complicated signing process.

Now armed with a signed apk and all the promotional graphics I needed, I added a new app on the google developer dashboard and filled out all the infos and dragged in my images and uploaded my apk. The usual...

Then I decided to make this thing a paid app. Why you ask? Well, there are no advertisements, there are no in-app purchases, nothing to bug you, and no extra permissions. It's a premium app if there was ever one. Yeah it is simple, and doesn't have tons of features and awesome animations. But what it does, it does well and I felt that warrants a price.

Please show your support of this indie developer and buy a copy of Binary Assist today!

No comments:

Post a Comment